Thursday, November 6, 2014

PWG: 2012 Battle of Los Angeles Night Two Review

PWG: 2012 Battle of Los Angeles Night Two Review

After an awesome night one filled with great matches, PWG returns with the second & final night of it's annual Battle of Los Angeles tournament.

Unfortunately, I typed out a review for this show and I guess I forgot to save it because when I logged back onto my computer it wasn't there. Since it's been a few days since I watched the show, I'm not gonna try to piece together a detailed review because there's no way I'll be able to remember details from each match. With that being said, I'm just going to give my ratings for each match because I had those saved on my phone because I decide on that as I'm watching the show. I'll also include a few short thoughts, but not the usual paragraph.

1) Sami Callihan vs. TJ Perkins - ***1/4
Fun opening match. Very different from the normal matches you see from these two as Callihan tried to play TJP's game and vice versa. Aggressive, submission filled opening contest.

2) Adam Cole vs. Eddie Edwards - ***1/4
Solid match although it's not as awesome as you would expect. There's still some good exchanges here that make it worth watching though.

3) Michael Elgin vs. Brian Cage - ***1/2
Great battle between the Unbreakable F'N Machines. First real standout match of the night.

4) Roderick Strong vs. Ricochet - ***3/4
Can't remember alot of specifics about this match aside from the fact that it was really good.

5) Kyle O'Reilly, Davey Richards, & Joey Ryan vs. B-Boy, Willie Mack, & Drake Younger - ***1/4
First non-tournament match of the night and it was solely based on entertainment. In this bout we saw the debut of Sleazy Davey & Sleazy Kyle, Drake & Kyle have a chair, and alot of other fun stuff.

6) Sami Callihan vs. Adam Cole - ***
Decent match although the finish felt pretty anticlimatic. Still an enjoyable match none the less and these guys would go on to have an epic Iron Man Match for the PWG Title in 2013 so I'm not gonna complain here. You don't wanna give away everything you've got all in one night.


7) Michael Elgin vs. Ricochet - ***3/4
Elgin & Ricochet are the MVP's of the 2012 tournament in my opinion and they proved why once again here by having a GREAT match.

8) The Young Bucks & Brian Cage vs. Kevin Steen, El Generico, & Rick Knox - ****
This match was awesome simply because of the moment where Steen comes out to help Knox & Generico and he & Generico have a staredown and hesitate to tag each other. If you think Indy Wrestling doesn't have storytelling, I challenge you to go back & watch the Steen/Generico story because it's honestly one of the best over the past decade in my opinion. None the less, great match here with alot of memorable moments such as Rick Knox diving over the top rope.

9) Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin - ****
Best match of Night 2. Great way to close the tournament with an awesome match featuring two PWG newcomers (at the time) battling it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment